Ogilvie may be done for season with injury
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jun 22, 2012 3:26 PM ET
Joe Ogilvie may be done for the 2012 season after he withdrew from the Travelers Championship Friday morning. Ogilvie shot a first-round 74, then went to a local hospital for an MRI. The test revealed a herniated L5-S1 disc.
"May have played my last round on the PGA Tour for 2012," Ogivlie tweeted Thursday evening.
The condition may have been worsened by playing through pain since April.
"Thank you for all the well wishes, stupid on my part for playing hurt since Houston," he said, "but thought it was just age."
Since finishing T-63 at Houston, Ogilvie has missed five of his last seven cuts.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Senior PGA Championship
- Kuchar leads by 1 at Colonial after Day 3 | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots