Ogilvie may be done for season with injury
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jun 22, 2012 3:26 PM ET
Joe Ogilvie may be done for the 2012 season after he withdrew from the Travelers Championship Friday morning. Ogilvie shot a first-round 74, then went to a local hospital for an MRI. The test revealed a herniated L5-S1 disc.
"May have played my last round on the PGA Tour for 2012," Ogivlie tweeted Thursday evening.
The condition may have been worsened by playing through pain since April.
"Thank you for all the well wishes, stupid on my part for playing hurt since Houston," he said, "but thought it was just age."
Since finishing T-63 at Houston, Ogilvie has missed five of his last seven cuts.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots