U.S. Open sectional qualifying: Heart-stopping, heart-breaking
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jun 4, 2012 3:24 PM ET
There's no day quite like Super Monday - when 11 sites hosted sectional qualifying for next week's U.S. Open at The Olympic Club in San Francisco.There was the joy of players who surprised themselves by qualifying - none more surprised than Dennis Miller of Youngstown, Ohio - and the disappointment of players who thought they'd be playing at Olympic but won't. Those in this group included Rory Sabbatini and Spencer Levin, who were in the thick of the hunt at the Memorial on Sunday, only to come up short two days in a row.
Click below to view scores and qualifiers from each site (locations without a link have not posted scores). You can also get news and reports from each venue with our U.S. Open sectional qualifying tracker.
Visit www.usopen.com for full-field scores from each site
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play