Westwood, fellow Europeans officially qualify for Players
- By Rex Hoggard
- Apr 30, 2012 10:09 AM ET
Players wrapped up the final spots in next week’s Players Championship on Sunday via the world golf ranking and FedEx Cup points list, although no one cracked the top 10 in the season-long points race that wasn’t already qualified.
Peter Hanson, who began the year 42nd in the world, was 24th in the ranking following his tie for 52nd in New Orleans, while Tour rookie Sang-Moon Bae (32nd) also landed an invitation into The Players.
K.T. Kim held on to the 50th spot in the world following a tie for 54th at the Ballentine’s Championship. Kim began the week 48th in the world and slipped to No. 50.
Those players who finished inside the top 125 on last year’s money list, tournament winners and players who advanced to last year’s Tour Championship were already qualified for The Players.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Lexi, Lewis in LPGA finale
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play