Casey WDs from Volvo World Match Play; replaced by Karlsson
- By Associated Press
- May 13, 2012 7:49 PM ET
CASARES, Spain – England's Paul Casey withdrew from the Volvo World Match Play Championship on Sunday because of a right shoulder injury, and Sweden Robert Karlsson took his spot in the 24-man field in the European Tour event that begins Thursday at Finca Cortesin.
Casey withdrew from The Players Championship in Florida on Thursday after shooting a 42 on the front nine in the first round. He dislocated the shoulder snowboarding over the holidays.
Karlsson tied for 56th on Sunday in The Players Championship.
Tags: Paul Casey
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process