THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Turns out that Tiger Woods won the last edition of the Chevron World Challenge.
Chevron has decided not to renew its title sponsorship of the tournament that Woods hosts at Sherwood Country Club to benefit his foundation. The company had been the title sponsor for four years.
Tournament director Greg McLaughlin says he feels confident that he will be able to find another title sponsor. The tournament has had three title sponsors since it began in 1999.
Meanwhile, McLaughlin says Sherwood Country Club has extended its contract to host the tournament through 2015.
Woods has won the tournament five times, although his victory Sunday was the first time he won when it was called the Chevron World Challenge.
Tiger Woods and a field of stellar golfers are looking to end their season playing at the World Challenge at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, California, hosted by Woods himself. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots