Chopra leads lightning-delayed Johor Open
- By Associated Press
- Nov 18, 2011 9:59 PM ET
Dozens of other players failed to complete the second round amid concerns about lightning.
Two-time PGA Tour winner Chopra was in the clubhouse at 13-under 129 before play was suspended for 2 1/2 hours at the Horizon Hills Golf and Country Club in Malaysia’s southern Johor state.
“I didn’t drive the ball as well as I did yesterday but my putting was perfect,” Chopra said. “My iron play needs a little bit more work on the driving range this afternoon. If I can get that sorted out and get some rhythm with that, then I should be good for the weekend.”
Seventy of the 156 players in the European and Asian Tour event will complete their second round Saturday.
Overnight leader Joost Luiten of the Netherlands was 9 under through six holes while defending champion Padraig Harrington of Ireland was two strokes back after nine holes when fading light halted play.
Chopra won his first professional title in Malaysia at the 1993 Johor Open.
Tags: Daniel Chopra
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots