Claxton extends Q-School lead, Duval slips
- By Associated Press
- Dec 2, 2011 7:54 PM ET
LA QUINTA, Calif. – Will Claxton shot a 3-under 69 on Friday on PGA West’s TPC Stadium Course to increase his lead to two strokes after the third round of the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament.
Claxton had a 13-under 203 total.
The top 25 in the six-round event will earn 2012 PGA Tour cards.
Bobby Gates and Matt Jones were tied for second. Gates shot a 68, and Jones had a 70. They also played the Stadium course.
David Duval was tied for 115th at 1 over after a 73 on the Stadium course.
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process