Claxton extends Q-School lead, Duval slips
- By Associated Press
- Dec 2, 2011 7:54 PM ET
LA QUINTA, Calif. – Will Claxton shot a 3-under 69 on Friday on PGA West’s TPC Stadium Course to increase his lead to two strokes after the third round of the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament.
Claxton had a 13-under 203 total.
The top 25 in the six-round event will earn 2012 PGA Tour cards.
Bobby Gates and Matt Jones were tied for second. Gates shot a 68, and Jones had a 70. They also played the Stadium course.
David Duval was tied for 115th at 1 over after a 73 on the Stadium course.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots