LA QUINTA, California – Marco Dawson shot a 4-under 68 on Sunday on PGA West’s TPC Stadium Course to take a three-stroke lead into the final round of the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament.
The 48-year-old Dawson had a 17-under 343 total. He made three PGA Tour starts this year and also played in 21 Nationwide Tour events.
The top 25 in the six-round event will earn PGA Tour cards.
Nationwide Tour player Stephen Gangluff was second after a 67 on the Stadium course.
Harris English, a Nationwide Tour winner this year while still at college, was 13 under along with Brendon Todd. English shot a 70, and Todd had a 68. They played the Stadium course.
David Duval was tied for 63rd after a 68 on the Nicklaus Tournament Course.
Both vocal during the commenting period in opposition of the proposed ban on anchoring, the PGA Tour and PGA of America both responded Tuesday to its adoption as a new Rule of Golf as of January 1, 20... Read More
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth