LA QUINTA, California – Marco Dawson shot a 4-under 68 on Sunday on PGA West’s TPC Stadium Course to take a three-stroke lead into the final round of the PGA Tour Qualifying Tournament.
The 48-year-old Dawson had a 17-under 343 total. He made three PGA Tour starts this year and also played in 21 Nationwide Tour events.
The top 25 in the six-round event will earn PGA Tour cards.
Nationwide Tour player Stephen Gangluff was second after a 67 on the Stadium course.
Harris English, a Nationwide Tour winner this year while still at college, was 13 under along with Brendon Todd. English shot a 70, and Todd had a 68. They played the Stadium course.
David Duval was tied for 63rd after a 68 on the Nicklaus Tournament Course.
Robert Dinwiddie shot a 5-under 66 on Friday to share the lead with Tjaart van der Walt of South Africa after the second round of the European Tour’s Najeti Hotels Open. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path