Donald practicing off-green putting with driver
- By Associated Press
- Apr 4, 2012 8:52 PM ET
AUGUSTA, Ga. - Luke Donald might be onto something.
Donald has been practicing putting with a driver from just off the green, because the grass tends to be a little stickier in the afternoon and it helps put a little more pace on the shots.
Tiger Woods used his 3-wood on such shots during nine holes of practice Wednesday. He tossed down a few golf balls behind the 15th green, and putted with his fairway metal to the green. Woods then moved back about 10 more feet, and still used his 3-wood to putt toward the green.
Woods has used his 3-wood to putt before, though usually on shots pinched by thick collar around the greens at other tournaments.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth