Fichardt birdies longest hole in Euro Tour history, leads Tshwane Open
- By Associated Press
- Feb 28, 2013 1:11 PM ET
CENTURION, South Africa – Darren Fichardt birdied the longest par-5 in European Tour history Sunday to lead the inaugural Tshwane Open by one stroke after the first round. (Click here for full-field scores)
Fichardt was one of three players in the top 24 to need only four shots on the 685-yard fourth hole.
The South African shot a 7-under-par 65. He lives 10 minutes from the Els Club course at the Copperleaf Golf and Country Estate.
Tags: Darren Fichardt
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- SCORING: Wind howling at Nelson | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile Bay; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play