CHONBURI, Thailand – Anirban Lahiri of India led four golfers securing places at the British Open in a qualifying tournament at the Amata Spring Country Club on Friday.
Lahiri overcame rain during his final round for a 67 and 9-under 135 to win the Open Championship International Final Qualifying. He will be joined at Royal Lytham on July 19-22 by Prayad Marksaeng of Thailand, Kodai Ichihara of Japan and Mardan Mamat of Singapore.
Japanese amateur Hideki Matsuyama was a likely qualifier, reaching 6 under after nine holes. But his round unraveled with a double bogey on 16 and a bogey on 17 that left him needing par at the last hole. After a lengthy rain delay, he had a triple-bogey 7 to miss out.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process