CHONBURI, Thailand – Anirban Lahiri of India led four golfers securing places at the British Open in a qualifying tournament at the Amata Spring Country Club on Friday.
Lahiri overcame rain during his final round for a 67 and 9-under 135 to win the Open Championship International Final Qualifying. He will be joined at Royal Lytham on July 19-22 by Prayad Marksaeng of Thailand, Kodai Ichihara of Japan and Mardan Mamat of Singapore.
Japanese amateur Hideki Matsuyama was a likely qualifier, reaching 6 under after nine holes. But his round unraveled with a double bogey on 16 and a bogey on 17 that left him needing par at the last hole. After a lengthy rain delay, he had a triple-bogey 7 to miss out.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take