Garcia shares lead at Johor Open, Day 2 suspended
- By Associated Press
- Dec 14, 2012 6:03 PM ET
JOHOR, Malaysia – Spain's Sergio Garcia birdied five of his first 12 holes in the Johor Open on Friday for a share of the lead in the suspended second round.
Garcia was 9 under overall with eight holes left when darkness forced the suspension of play in the Asian Tour event at rainy Horizon Hills. American David Lipsky also was 9 under after finishing off a first-round 63 in the morning. He was unable to start the second round before play was stopped.
South Africa's Ernie Els was 4 under overall with eight holes to play.
Tags: Sergio Garcia
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae