Garcia shares lead at Johor Open, Day 2 suspended
- By Associated Press
- Dec 14, 2012 6:03 PM ET
JOHOR, Malaysia – Spain's Sergio Garcia birdied five of his first 12 holes in the Johor Open on Friday for a share of the lead in the suspended second round.
Garcia was 9 under overall with eight holes left when darkness forced the suspension of play in the Asian Tour event at rainy Horizon Hills. American David Lipsky also was 9 under after finishing off a first-round 63 in the morning. He was unable to start the second round before play was stopped.
South Africa's Ernie Els was 4 under overall with eight holes to play.
Tags: Sergio Garcia
Sergio Garcia was heckled on his first tee Saturday - the par-4 11th - by a spectator who yelled out "fried chicken" after Garcia was introduced. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path