RALEIGH, N.C. - James Hahn earned his first Nationwide Tour victory Sunday by beating Scott Parel on the second hole of a playoff at the Rex Hospital Open.
Hahn shot a 4-under 67 and joined Parel at 13-under 271. Both players had pars on the par-4 No. 18, and Hahn birdied the par-5 No. 9 while Parel had a par on the second playoff hole.
Hahn earned $99,000 for the victory. He started the day four strokes behind third-round leader B.J. Staten, but made his move early with three birdies on his first five holes.
He had his fifth birdie of the round on the par-4 No. 13 and closed his round with five pars.
Jin Park (67), Staten (72) and Jim Renner (71) finished at 272.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots