Harding, De La Silva, Lloyd qualify for British Open
- By Associated Press
- Mar 6, 2013 10:08 AM ET
JOHANNESBURG – Justin Harding of South Africa had an 8-under 64 on Wednesday to lead three players in a 36-hole qualifier who earned spots in the British Open for the first time.
Harding finished the International Final Qualifying in Africa at 14-under 130.
Eduardo De La Silva of Spain had a 66 and Darryn Lloyd of South Africa had a 69 on the East Course at Royal Johannesburg & Kensington to earn the other two spots.
Golf's oldest championship has 36-hole qualifying on five continents. The final two to be held will be later this year in Europe and the United States.
The British Open will be played July 18-21 at Muirfield.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots