Harding, De La Silva, Lloyd qualify for British Open
- By Associated Press
- Mar 6, 2013 10:08 AM ET
JOHANNESBURG – Justin Harding of South Africa had an 8-under 64 on Wednesday to lead three players in a 36-hole qualifier who earned spots in the British Open for the first time.
Harding finished the International Final Qualifying in Africa at 14-under 130.
Eduardo De La Silva of Spain had a 66 and Darryn Lloyd of South Africa had a 69 on the East Course at Royal Johannesburg & Kensington to earn the other two spots.
Golf's oldest championship has 36-hole qualifying on five continents. The final two to be held will be later this year in Europe and the United States.
The British Open will be played July 18-21 at Muirfield.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- SCORING: Huh eagles first hole of Travelers
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights strong Travelers field | Groups
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path