Hedwall outlasts Ko to take New South Wales Open
- By Associated Press
- Jan 27, 2013 4:35 PM ET
Hedwall finished at 13-under 203 on the Oatlands course. Ko, the 15-year-old amateur who won the Canadian Open last year, shot a 69.
The South Korea-born Ko became the youngest player, female or male, to win a professional tour event when she won the New South Wales Open last year at 14. Ko went on to finish as the leading amateur at the U.S. Women's Open in July, won the U.S. Women's Amateur Championship in August and took the Canadian Open to become the youngest LPGA Tour winner.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae