THE WOODLANDS, Texas – Fred Funk shot a 3-under 69 on Saturday in sweltering heat for a share of the second-round lead with Tom Lehman in the Champions Tour's Insperity Championship.
Lehman followed his opening 65 with a 70 to match Funk at 9-under 135 on The Tournament Course.
Mike Goodes and Brad Bryant were one shot back. Goodes had a 67, and Brad Bryant shot a 68.
Michael Allen, going for his third straight victory, had a 68 to join Bobby Clampett at 7 under. Clampett shot a 67.
The main attraction Saturday was the grouping of Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player and Lee Trevino in an exhibition run in conjunction with the tournament itself. Palmer curled in a 25-foot birdie putt on the final hole, prompting a roar from the massive gallery that followed the greats all day.
Robert Dinwiddie shot a 5-under 66 on Friday to share the lead with Tjaart van der Walt of South Africa after the second round of the European Tour’s Najeti Hotels Open. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path