Kohles wins Web.com event in first pro start
- By Associated Press
- Jul 29, 2012 5:36 PM ET
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ben Kohles won the Web.com Tour's Nationwide Children's Hospital Invitational on Sunday in his first professional start, beating Luke Guthrie with a birdie on the first hole of a playoff.
Kohles closed with a 1-under 70 to match Guthrie at 12-under 272 on Ohio State's Scarlet Course. Guthrie birdied three of the final five holes in regulation for a 66.
One of 12 college All-Americans invited to the event, Kohles turned pro after finishing his amateur career last week in the Porter Cup. The 22-year-old former University of Virginia player earned $144,000.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Feherty's Venturi interview
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae