Langer wins seniors' Nedbank Champions Challenge
- By Associated Press
- Dec 1, 2012 10:01 AM ET
SUN CITY, South Africa -- Bernhard Langer won the Nedbank Champions Challenge seniors tournament by two strokes Saturday despite closing with a 2-over 74.
The German had a three-round total of 7-under 209. He dropped shots at Nos. 5, 7, 13 and 17 but had enough of an advantage going into the round to win.
Jay Haas was the runner-up. He had two bogeys and two birdies on the front nine and pars on all of the back nine. Son Bill Haas was contending in the main Nedbank Challenge event midway through his third round.<>Ian Woosnam was third in the seniors after a 72. Mark Calcavecchia dropped to seventh place out of eight after finishing with a 13-over 85 marked by two triple-bogeys.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path