Langer wins seniors' Nedbank Champions Challenge
- By Associated Press
- Dec 1, 2012 10:01 AM ET
SUN CITY, South Africa -- Bernhard Langer won the Nedbank Champions Challenge seniors tournament by two strokes Saturday despite closing with a 2-over 74.
The German had a three-round total of 7-under 209. He dropped shots at Nos. 5, 7, 13 and 17 but had enough of an advantage going into the round to win.
Jay Haas was the runner-up. He had two bogeys and two birdies on the front nine and pars on all of the back nine. Son Bill Haas was contending in the main Nedbank Challenge event midway through his third round.<>Ian Woosnam was third in the seniors after a 72. Mark Calcavecchia dropped to seventh place out of eight after finishing with a 13-over 85 marked by two triple-bogeys.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae