Larrazabal ties course record at Austrian Open
- By Associated Press
- Jul 25, 2012 4:15 PM ET
ATZENBRUGG, Austria – Pablo Larrazabal overcame a lengthy rain delay to finish at 8-under 64 Wednesday and tie the course record in the opening round of the Austrian Open.
The Spaniard had four birdies and an eagle through 12 holes when play was suspended for more than 3 hours. He added two more birdies when play resumed. Play was suspended for the day because of darkness, with Thorbjorn Olesen of Denmark closing in on Larrazabal at 7 under after 14 holes.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path