Nationwide goes country: Tour Champ. to TX
- By Associated Press
- Oct 30, 2011 1:28 PM ET
CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Nationwide Tour Championship will be played at the TPC Craig Ranch course in Texas next fall.
The course in McKinney, Texas, hosted the 2008 tournament. Tour officials said a formal announcement would come Monday.
The Tour had said last month it would not return to the Daniel Island club after three seasons hosting its year-ending tournament because the area is also holding the PGA Championship at The Ocean Course on Kiawah Island. The tour and Daniel Island are discussing a return to the Ralston Creek Course here in 2013.
Matt Bentencourt beat Jeff Klauk by a stroke to the win three years ago at the Nationwide Tour Championship when it was last played at the TPC Craig Ranch.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management