ATZENBRUGG, Austria – Thomas Norret shot a 2-under 70 Saturday to take a two-stroke lead into the final day of the Austrian Open.
The 37-year-old Dane is yet to win a European Tour event, nine years after claiming his only Challenge Tour title. He is ranked 173rd and needs a strong finish to the season to retain his card.
Norret ended the third round with an overall 9-under 207.
“I just have to go out there tomorrow and try to repeat the feeling I had today, try to relax and enjoy it,” Norret said. “It will be tougher to do that in the final round and I will definitely feel the pressure.”
Kenneth Ferrie shot the best round of the day with a 5-under 67 to share second place with fellow Englishmen Simon Wakefield and Robert Coles as well as Joost Luiten of the Netherlands at 7-under 209.
Norret birdied the first but dropped a shot at the par-4 eighth before carding three more birdies on his back nine.
“I have been playing well for a while now and making a lot of cuts but just not doing much on the weekends,” Norret said. “I have been putting well this week and keeping it all together.”
One of four overnight leaders, Luiten started off bogeying three of the first five holes but the Dutchman got back in touch with the lead through four birdies.
Gaganjeet Bhullar of India, who also shared the overnight lead, carded a 6-over 78 and dropped to 30th place.
England’s Tom Lewis shot a 2-under 70 to share 23rd position on his professional debut.
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process