Phil passes on Abu Dhabi, will play Humana instead
- By Associated Press
- Dec 5, 2012 2:54 PM ET
LA QUINTA, Calif. – Phil Mickelson is starting his new season in the desert, only much closer to home.
Mickelson announced Wednesday he will play in the Humana Challenge on Jan. 17-20 in La Quinta, Calif. That's the same week several of golf's biggest names will be across the globe in another desert at the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship. Tiger Woods and Jason Dufner are among the Americans playing in Abu Dhabi.
Mickelson won the tournament in 2002 and 2004, when it was known as the Bob Hope Classic. He set the tournament record in 2004 with 37 birdies, when it was a 90-hole event.
Tags: Phil Mickelson
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Sorenstam in 'Go Annika'
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Disagree with anchor ban, but intentions pure
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management