Teens Kim, Ramsey in women's Public Links final
- By Associated Press
- Jun 22, 2012 5:47 PM ET
NESHANIC STATION, N.J. – Ashlan Ramsey and Kyung Kim advanced to the 36-hole final in the U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links, each winning two matches Friday at Neshanic Valley.
The 16-year-old Ramsey, from Milledgeville, Ga., beat Grace Na of Alameda, Calif., 3 and 1 in the morning quarterfinals, and edged Kim Kaufman of Clark, S.D., 1 up in the semifinals.
"I didn't know how far I would get this week," Ramsey said, "but now my goals have changed. I'll just play my game, fairways and greens."
The 18-year-old Kim, from Chandler, Ariz., topped Lakareber Abe of Angleton, Texas, 1 up in the quarterfinals, and edged Alice Jeong of Gardena, Calif., 3 and 2 in the semifinals.
"This one was tough," Kim said after the afternoon match. "After two matches today I'm pretty tired. My legs are tired and I have two blisters, one on each foot."
The tournament is limited to players who don't hold privileges at any course that doesn't extend playing privileges to the general public.
Ashlan Ramsey parred the par-5 18th hole to beat South Korea's Jennifer Yang, 1-up, on Thursday in the third round of the U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links at Neshanic Valley. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots