Van Pelt beats Dufner to win Perth Invitational
- By Associated Press
- Oct 21, 2012 11:00 AM ET
Van Pelt finished at 16-under 272 at Lake Karrinyup and earned $333,330 in the event sanctioned by the European and Australasian tours.
''We had a good battle there,'' Van Pelt said. ''We both played well.''
Dufner, a two-time winner this year on the PGA Tour, shot a 69.
Spain's Alejandro Canizares was third at 11 under after a 68.
New Zealand's Michael Hendry had a 69 to finish fourth at 9 under, and Englishmen Paul Casey and David Howell were another stroke back along with Scotland's Scott Jamieson, Wales' Rhys Davies andArgentina's Emiliano Grillo. Casey had a 67, Howell shot 71, Jamieson 68, Davies 69, and Grillo 74.
This year has been a disappointment for Jason Dufner. There's no better place to get things going in the right direction than at the HP Byron Nelson Championship this week, where he's the defending ch... Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae