Van Pelt beats Dufner to win Perth Invitational
- By Associated Press
- Oct 21, 2012 11:00 AM ET
Van Pelt finished at 16-under 272 at Lake Karrinyup and earned $333,330 in the event sanctioned by the European and Australasian tours.
''We had a good battle there,'' Van Pelt said. ''We both played well.''
Dufner, a two-time winner this year on the PGA Tour, shot a 69.
Spain's Alejandro Canizares was third at 11 under after a 68.
New Zealand's Michael Hendry had a 69 to finish fourth at 9 under, and Englishmen Paul Casey and David Howell were another stroke back along with Scotland's Scott Jamieson, Wales' Rhys Davies andArgentina's Emiliano Grillo. Casey had a 67, Howell shot 71, Jamieson 68, Davies 69, and Grillo 74.
Robert Dinwiddie shot a 5-under 66 on Friday to share the lead with Tjaart van der Walt of South Africa after the second round of the European Tour’s Najeti Hotels Open. Read More
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path