Williams wins Nationwide Tour's Mexico Open
- By Associated Press
- Jun 10, 2012 7:15 PM ET
LEON, Mexico - Lee Williams won the Mexico Open on Sunday for his first Nationwide Tour title, closing with a 2-under 70 for a one-stroke victory over Paul Haley II.
Williams, a former Auburn player, finished at 14-under 274 at El Bosque and earned $112,500.
Haley, the Chile Classic winner in March, shot a 68.
Scott Gutschewski had a 66 to finish third at 12 under.
Tags: Lee Williams
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management