Williams wins Nationwide Tour's Mexico Open
- By Associated Press
- Jun 10, 2012 7:15 PM ET
LEON, Mexico - Lee Williams won the Mexico Open on Sunday for his first Nationwide Tour title, closing with a 2-under 70 for a one-stroke victory over Paul Haley II.
Williams, a former Auburn player, finished at 14-under 274 at El Bosque and earned $112,500.
Haley, the Chile Classic winner in March, shot a 68.
Scott Gutschewski had a 66 to finish third at 12 under.
Tags: Lee Williams
More original content than any other website. Check out Golf Channel's top video & photos.
- LIVE STREAM: 'Morning Drive' with Sergio reax
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia apologizes for 'fried chicken' remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth