After giving its premium line of drivers, fairways, hybrids and irons the Razr name, Callaway Golf officials bestowed that moniker on its top-of-the-line shoe offering. Released in mid-October as part of a broader footwear rollout, the Razr incorporates a number of advanced technologies both inside and outside the shoe that are designed to enhance comfort and improve performance.
“The Razr utilizes a temperature management system from Outlast as well as X40 molded insoles from OrthoLite and a Callaway comfortech gel tongue,” says Kent Richard, director of marketing for footwear, eyewear and golf balls at Callaway Golf.
“We are also introducing a proprietary spike design with this line, called PINS, for Performance Insert System. Developed by the people at SoftSpikes, it decreases spike pressure on a player’s foot for better feel during a round. At the same time, the system boosts exceptional traction and stability, largely because it employs a total of 11 spikes in the sole.”
“We were super aggressive in terms of traction and stability with this line,” he says, adding that there are four spikes in the heel alone.
According to Richard, the Razr also features a full grain, perforated leather upper with a metallic Callaway “V” on the side as well as a EVA midsole and TPU Pro Tour outsole, both of which are intended to make the shoe as light as it is stable.
The Razr shoe comes with a two-year, limited waterproof warranty and is available in solid black and solid white models as well as two saddle combinations – black-and-white and brown-and-white.
Global Golf Post is the first weekly golf publication designed specifically for digital.
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play