Callaway Razr Fit driver now adjustable
- By Global Golf Post
- Feb 21, 2012 8:58 AM ET
The big news behind this month’s introduction of Callaway Golf’s Razr Fit driver is that it marks the first time the equipment maker has offered one with movable weights and an adjustable hosel.
Let’s begin with the OptiFit adjustability system employed in the hosel, so golfers can set their face angles at address three ways: open, square and closed. Then, there are the two movable weights in the clubhead, one weighing 12 grams and the other that can be used to manipulate center of gravity and help promote either a neutral or draw ball flight.
In addition, the Razr Fit driver incorporates what company engineers describe as “an aerodynamic shaping innovation” called Streamlined Surface Technology that is designed to improve air flow and reduce the energy loss during a swing due to drag. Which helps to increase that all-important, distance-enhancing swing speed at impact. At the same time, Callaway combines hyperbolic shaping of the clubface with precision thickness control to create a larger sweet spot.
Not everything is new with the Razr Fit, however, and Callaway has also employed some tried and true technologies in this driver, which has already found its way into the bags of touring pros such as Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els and Alvaro Quiros. This includes the forged composite material it uses in the Razr Fit crown, to optimize center of gravity and improve MOI (moment of inertia) for better forgiveness.
“Callaway is not just entering the adjustability race with the introduction of Razr fit,” says Dr. Alan Hocknell, senior vice president of research and development at the California clubmaker. “We are taking the pole position, and the adjustable features combined with our proprietary technologies allow golfers to play a more meaningful role than ever before in their journey to optimized performance.”
The Razr Fit driver comes standard with a 45.5-inch Aldila RIP’d NV shaft and a Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound grip.
Global Golf Post is the first weekly golf publication designed specifically for digital.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Rd. 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA Champ. win
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots