Callaway Golf releases new X Series Jaws CC wedges
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 20, 2011 9:18 PM ET
Callaway Golf has released its new X Series Jaws CC wedges. Created by Callaway’s chief of golf club design, Roger Cleveland, the wedges debut Callaway Golf’s Tour CC grooves, which conform to the Condition of Competition guidelines.
The new wedges feature up to 21 tightly spaced grooves that provide the maximum cross-sectional area to ensure that moisture and debris are swept away on shots hit from varying course conditions. The Jaws CC wedges are forged of 1020 carbon steel for a soft feel and feedback at impact on approach shots.
“Callaway wedges were in the hands of a number of PGA Tour winners in 2010, including two major champions and the year-ending Tour Championship winner,” said Cleveland. “They choose to play Callaway wedges because of the performance provided by the sole geometry, a softer feel because the wedges are forged, and groove technology that produces increased spin. We call it the ‘JAWS Groove.’”
New bounce options have been added for 2011, featuring soles that have been individually designed for maximum versatility, especially in firm and tight playing conditions. A zero bounce option is now offered in the 58- and 60-degree wedges, and an eight-degree bounce is offered in 58- and 60-degree wedges. In addition to low bounce options with the higher lofted wedges, the Jaws CC wedges will now be available with reduced bounce offerings at 52, 54 and 56 degrees.
The X Series JAWS CC wedges are also offered with a C-Grind sole, which enhances versatility and delivers precision shot-making by improving turf interaction. This “C” Grind relieves the heel and toe bounce and reduces the sole width, enabling golfers to lay the face open while keeping the leading edge down.
X Series JAWS CC wedges come in loft offerings of 50°, 52°, 54°, 56°, 58° and 60° and are available in either a slate finish or a new brushed chrome finish. The wedges feature a new product introduction retail price of $119 (with a True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 steel shaft).
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae