Callaway sells Top-Flite brand to Dick's Sporting Goods
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Apr 4, 2012 6:56 PM ET
Callaway Golf has sold the Top-Flite brand to Dick's Sporting Goods for $20 million, the company announced Wednesday.
"The decision to sell Top-Flite reflects the Company's renewed focus and commitment to driving the proficiency of our core businesses, specifically the success of Callaway and Odyssey products," new Callaway CEO Chip Brewer said in a release.
"Our strong working relationship with Dick's Sporting Goods went a long way towards the completion of this agreement and we look forward to their stewardship of the Top-Flite brand."
The sale includes trademarks, but not critical intellectual or physical property.
Callaway acquired the Top-Flite, Strata and Hogan brands in 2003 with the purchase of Top-Flite Golf in a bankruptcy sale.
The Hogan brand was sold in February to Perry Ellis International.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process