Cobra Golf releases Hotter 9 Points technology
- By David Allen
- Jul 1, 2009 1:35 PM ET
“We’re able to spread the COR more around the perimeter of the clubhead, so even your mis-hits produce a good ball flight,” said Ben Schomin, Custom Fitting/Trial Promotion Manager for Cobra Golf.
The S9-1 is available in six Speed Tuned shaft models: F, M, M Offset, Senior’s, Women’s and Offset Women’s. The S9-1 F is designed for players with faster ball speeds (125-155 mph) while the S9-1 M is for slower swingers (110 to 140 mph ball speeds) who need help launching the ball higher and turning it over from right to left; therefore, the M has more discretionary weight in the heel and the face is slightly more closed to promote a draw-bias. The CG location and face curvature gets progressively more draw-biased as you move from the F model (-0.5 degrees closed) to the M Offset (-1.5 closed).
The S9-1 Pro S and Pro D drivers are designed for highly-skilled players with ball speeds in excess of 155 mph who are looking for a mid-to-high launch and lower spin. Cobra Brand Ambassador Geoff Ogilvy captured the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship and the season-opening Mercedes-Benz Championship with the S9-1 Pro D model (10.5 degrees). Jason Gore also hits the S9-1 Pro D, while Camilo Villegas plays the S9-1 Pro S.
The S9-1 F, M and M Offset drivers have a street price of $299 while the S9-1 Pro models are $399.
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path