Donald re-signs with clubmaker Mizuno
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 23, 2013 9:52 AM ET
Luke Donald isn’t changing clubs in hopes of winning that elusive first major.
The world No. 3 announced Wednesday that he has extended his contract with the clubmaker Mizuno, which he has used since 2003. Donald had a career year in 2011, when he ascended to world No. 1 (where he reigned for 56 weeks) and won the money title on both sides of the Atlantic.
He will begin his 2013 season at the Feb. 14-17 Northern Trust Open at Riviera.
“I feel as if I am playing as well as ever at this stage in my career,” he said in a statement. “Over the next few years, I want to be in a position to win major championships and to continue to improve each year.”
Tags: Luke Donald
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots