Donald re-signs with clubmaker Mizuno
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 23, 2013 9:52 AM ET
Luke Donald isn’t changing clubs in hopes of winning that elusive first major.
The world No. 3 announced Wednesday that he has extended his contract with the clubmaker Mizuno, which he has used since 2003. Donald had a career year in 2011, when he ascended to world No. 1 (where he reigned for 56 weeks) and won the money title on both sides of the Atlantic.
He will begin his 2013 season at the Feb. 14-17 Northern Trust Open at Riviera.
“I feel as if I am playing as well as ever at this stage in my career,” he said in a statement. “Over the next few years, I want to be in a position to win major championships and to continue to improve each year.”
Tags: Luke Donald
Luke Donald struggled to a 2-over 74, while Kiradech Aphibarnrat of Thailand shot a 7-under 65 on Thursday to take the clubhouse lead at the Maybank Malaysian Open before thunderstorms caused the susp... Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots