FootJoy has been busily remaking its golf shoe line, moving on from the lamentable but necessary closing of its Classics operation in Brockton, Mass. But without losing momentum, the company has launched two major product lines this year: the SYNR-G, a maximum stability shoe, and the FJ ICON, which is building a reputation for performance and elegance.
Now FootJoy is ready with a third line, the FJ SPORT. The new look is athletic and a step-out, if you will, in the boldness category, employing striking patterns and colors. The shoe also incorporates performance features to suit a more aggressive, athletic game, FootJoy says. Uppers are leather, but interior linings are athletic mesh to help with greater breathability. There’s an ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole for some soft, lightweight cushioning and a stable thermal plastic urethane (TPU) outsole. Standard cleats are the Stinger III model from CHAMP.
The shoes will come to stores in February; suggested retail price will be $135.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Feherty's Venturi interview
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae