Golf apparel for fall is equipment for your body. The key to playing all year round, no matter where you live, is layering. At Golf Galaxy, we do our research to find the best items to keep you protected from the elements while looking trendy.
Here’s how you use the three categories of layering:
Base Layer: This layer is worn closest to the skin and should be left on throughout the round. For cooler climates, we suggest long-sleeve base layer crews which can be worn under short-sleeve polo shirts or heavier layering items. The non-restricting construction of these garments fit closely to the skin without interfering with the golf swing. Our favorite base layer crew styles are FootJoy's Crew and Under Armour's Mock.
If you are playing in a cool climate but expect temperatures to quickly warm, we suggest Nike Solar Sleeves, which can be worn with a short-sleeve polo and then removed when needed.
Mid Layer: This layer has the most options and variety to fit each golfer’s needs. Short or long-sleeve polo shirts are options for milder climates. Long-sleeve quarter-zip fleeces are great mid layers for cooler climates. We recommend Nike's Therma Fleece. You can have a lot of fun and show your personal style with this layer.
Outerwear: Whether you are looking for a 100 percent waterproof jacket to stand up against the toughest rainstorm or a lighter weight jacket to help block the wind, there are many options. FootJoy’s DryJoys Performance Light Jacket offers superior protection for the toughest of elements. The versatile three-in-one jacket from Walter Hagen is a great wind-wear option. Combine either jacket with a base layer and fleece and you’ll be warm on days that make the Scots think twice about playing.
An interactive golf store, offering superstore selection and pricing with pro shop knowledge and service. Visit GolfGalaxy.com
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots