Justin Leonard has joined the staff at TaylorMade, the company announced Friday.
Leonard is making his 2012 debut at the Sony Open in Hawaii, carrying an R11 driver, RBZ Tour 3-wood, Tour Preferred MB Irons, xFT wedges and a Penta TP golf ball. The 1997 Open champion will also wear a TaylorMade hat and tote a staff bag.
“TaylorMade is an incredible company that has always been on the cutting edge of new technology,” said the 12-time PGA Tour winner in a release. “I have seen and heard so much about their line of white metal woods and putters and I’m excited to begin the year with their equipment.”
Leonard had been with Nike Golf since 2005. The 1992 U.S. Amateur champion from the University of Texas signed with Hogan Golf when he turned pro in 1994.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play