Justin Leonard has joined the staff at TaylorMade, the company announced Friday.
Leonard is making his 2012 debut at the Sony Open in Hawaii, carrying an R11 driver, RBZ Tour 3-wood, Tour Preferred MB Irons, xFT wedges and a Penta TP golf ball. The 1997 Open champion will also wear a TaylorMade hat and tote a staff bag.
“TaylorMade is an incredible company that has always been on the cutting edge of new technology,” said the 12-time PGA Tour winner in a release. “I have seen and heard so much about their line of white metal woods and putters and I’m excited to begin the year with their equipment.”
Leonard had been with Nike Golf since 2005. The 1992 U.S. Amateur champion from the University of Texas signed with Hogan Golf when he turned pro in 1994.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGA of America | USGA
- Manufacturer on anchor ban: 'Golf lost today'
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae