Rhythm and blues: McIlroy signs deal with Bose
- By Bailey Mosier
- Feb 27, 2013 2:29 PM ET
It’s been a slow start to the season for Rory McIlroy in 2013, but off the course, the 23-year-old has been singing a different tune.
McIlroy joined team Nike last month for an estimated $200 to $250 million, and has now signed a new endorsement deal with audio specialists the Bose Corporation.
The multi-year deal, announced in Florida ahead of this week’s Honda Classic, will see McIlroy serve as a global brand ambassador for the company’s headphones, portable speakers, home and automotive systems. The financial terms of the deal were not released.
"I'm a huge headphone guy," said McIlroy, "and Bose headphones are the best I've found. I use their in-ear headphones to work-out, and their noise cancelling headphones to travel. Whether I need motivation, or to tune-out, I reach for Bose. Their headphones go with me everywhere."
"Rory is a once-in-a-generation athlete," said Bob Maresca, president of Bose Corporation. "Just like his millions of fans around the world, we're amazed by his talent and his passion. We know a lot goes into his game even when he's off the course. He loves music, just like we do, and we're thrilled to be a part of how he competes and relaxes."
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots