According to one board member who didn’t want to be identified, the debate was “too heated to do on a conference call,” and the issue will be addressed next week at AT&T National.
According to sources the issue will likely be decided by Tour commissioner Tim Finchem, who would likely not push to delay the rule change, which is designed to limit the effectiveness of grooves on shots from the rough.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae