Nike continues major promotion at Congressional
- By Jon Levy
- Jun 12, 2011 5:17 PM ET
Nike Golf showcased a promotional shoe and apparel line for its athletes during the Masters and the company is at it again this week at Congressional. Select staff members will wear a limited edition version of the Lunar Control during the U.S. Open – a white shoe with black saddle, encased with a red sole and red stitching – coupled with predetermined outfits throughout the week from its latest apparel line.
Depending on the athlete’s specific clothing choice for the day, Paul Casey, Lucas Glover, Francesco Molinari, Anthony Kim, Stewart Cink and Charl Schwartzel will participate in the promotion. Schwartzel wore Nike’s limited edition green color-way shoe en route to his Masters victory in April.
“We’re excited to showcase the success of the Lunar Control by collaborating with our athletes competing at Congressional to create a limited edition color to help celebrate the U.S. Open,” Lee Walker, product line manager for Nike Golf told GolfChannel.com. “While we often do special colors for Nike Golf athletes around major championships, we’re now making this limited edition shoe available to the public as well.”
Spectators at Congressional this week will have an opportunity to purchase this limited edition version of the Lunar Control on site, and nikestore.com is offering the shoe until sold out.
Levy joined the Golf Channel team in 2010 as associate editor for GolfChannel.com.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path