Perhaps no one is happier that Tiger is coming back than Nike Golf, so much so that on Friday they unveiled what the Swooshed One will be wearing next week at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship in Arizona. For his opening-round match next Wednesday, Tiger will be sporting a Nike DRI-FIT Diagonal Stripe Polo in pro cyan (a light blue) with black trousers. Should he reach the 36-hole final on Sunday, he’ll be fitted in his traditional Sunday red (DRI-FIT Textured Mock, Carmine color) and black trousers. On his feet, Woods will be wearing both the white and black versions of the new Air Zoom TW 2009 shoes.
Just in case you’re curious about what’s new in Tiger’s bag for 2009, Woods will be playing the new Nike SQ Dymo driver (8.5 degrees) as well as the Nike Victory Red Forged TW Blades. The SQ Dymo features Nike’s PowerBow weighting, which helps position the center of gravity higher and more forward (toward the clubface) in the clubhead to produce less spin and a more penetrating ball flight. Tiger worked directly with Nike’s development team to create the Victory Red line and the TW Blade, which features a muscle back design and slighter thicker toe to maximize playability.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play