Long gone are the days when golfers had to choose between athletic-look shoes that performed and classic look shoes that might not. All the major shoe manufacturers have worked hard to combine whatever looks golfers desire with a long list of traction and comfort features.
The latest entry is from Nike, whose Tour Premium golf shoe will stride onto the scene on the feet of Stewart Cink at the Tour Championship this week. The shoe features high-end leather, the Power Platform TW sole and a TPU Stabilizer for lateral support, plus a removable end-to-end sockiner for extra comfort. The cleats are Scorpion Stingers with the Champ Tri-LOK system.
Look for the new Tour Premium in stores Oct. 1. Suggested retail will be $250.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae