Nordqvist joins Cobra-Puma Golf staff
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 24, 2011 10:05 PM ET
Cobra Golf announced Monday that Anna Nordqvist will play with Cobra Golf equipment as she enters her third year on the LPGA. A Puma Golf-sponsored athlete since her rookie season in 2009 (for footwear and apparel), Nordqvist joins Ian Poulter, Johan Edfors, Lexi Thompson, Jason Gore and other tour players playing Cobra clubs.
"Anna's performance and presence on the course make her an ideal Tour ambassador for Cobra, and her signing demonstrates our focus and expansion in the women's market," says Brian Zender, senior vice president and general manager of Cobra-Puma Golf. "She's a rising young star with a promising future ahead as a professional golfer, and we're thrilled to have her representing Cobra Golf."
Currently ranked No. 14 in the world, Nordqvist followed up her two-win rookie season in 2009 by earning $442,088.50 in 2010 in 21 LPGA starts.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar leads as rain halts play at Colonial | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Cochran, Perry co-lead Sr. PGA after Day 2 | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots