Phil Mickelsons club rushed through approval
- By Rex Hoggard
- Jul 1, 2009 2:13 PM ET
Contacted on Friday, the USGA’s technical director Dick Rugge confirmed that the association will, on occasion, rush equipment through the process, but Rugge stressed that it is not done very often and the FT-9 was not expedited because it was for Mickelson.
“The company asked us to do it and we did,” said Rugge, who added that the normal approval process takes about 20 days. “They don’t abuse that. They do it once in a while and they really, really respect that.”
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management