In the off-season, Mickelson tested with KBS steel shafts manufactured by Boulder, CO–based FEMCO Steel Technology. He put these in the bag for the FBR Open and continued to play KBS yesterday, firing a 2-under-par 70 in the first round of the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines. True Temper says they were very surprised to see Phil make the switch given the extraordinary success he has had with Project X; however, a source close to Mickelson tells me a set of his Callaway irons shafted with Project X is close at hand. It will be interesting to see which way he goes today.
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management