In the off-season, Mickelson tested with KBS steel shafts manufactured by Boulder, CO–based FEMCO Steel Technology. He put these in the bag for the FBR Open and continued to play KBS yesterday, firing a 2-under-par 70 in the first round of the Buick Invitational at Torrey Pines. True Temper says they were very surprised to see Phil make the switch given the extraordinary success he has had with Project X; however, a source close to Mickelson tells me a set of his Callaway irons shafted with Project X is close at hand. It will be interesting to see which way he goes today.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots