Barnes' loft is a thin 8.5 degrees, so you can see why a higher launch angle would compliment that nicely to nail down a controlled flight that gets up, but not too high. Barnes also has Callaway X fairway woods – 3 and 5 – plus an Odyssey White Hot XG9 putter and a Callaway Tour i golf ball.
Padraig Harrington (missed cut) also had a FT-9 in his bag this week, because his deal with Wilson allows him to freelance the driver. Those deals are becoming less and less common, and Harrington is by far the biggest name who can do it.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots