Rory Sabbatini signs with TaylorMade-adidas Golf
- By Adam Barr
- Jul 1, 2009 1:35 PM ET
Sabbatini, known for an aggressive swing that matches his outspoken off-course persona, began working TaylorMade gear into his bag during the Florida Swing. He used Tour Preferred irons (4-PW), a Burner driver, an R9 3-wood and two rac wedges (56 and 60 degrees) at the WGC-CA Championship at Doral, where he placed T53. The following week at the Transitions Championship, he switched to the R9 driver, the most played driver on the PGA Tour for two months now. Sabbatini placed T63 at Transitions. He has made six cuts in seven starts in 2009, with nine rounds in the 60s. He has four PGA Tour wins since joining the Tour in 1999: the 2000 Air Canada Championship, 2003 FBR Open, 2006 Nissan Open and 2007 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots