Sun Mountain continues to build on its Micro-Cart franchise, first by bringing out a version of that four-wheel push cart with an E-Z Latch system designed to give golfers a greater variety of handle height adjustments (more than a dozen in all) and then by creating a bag specifically for that cart.
The E-Z Latch is the latest advance to the Micro-Cart, which was first launched in 2009. And according to company officials, it addresses the one thing golfers felt previous versions lacked – that ability to create more handle options.
The E-Z Latch is among several features designed to set the Micro-Cart apart. Another is its meager heft. It weighs only 13 pounds, which company officials say is 20 percent less than leading pushcarts. And when its anodized aluminum frame is folded (in one easy motion), the entire cart is a mere 52 cubic inches in size. That not only makes it easy to transport to and from the golf course but also to get it in and out of a car.
That, however, in no way impairs its stability when in operation, for the Micro-Cart has a low center of gravity and comes with low maintenance, solid foam tires as well as an adjustable front axle. Available in four colors (red, black, blue and silver), the cart is also equipped with a strapless bag bracket, a standard Micro-Paq for additional storage, a console with a padded valuables tray and a magnetic scorecard holder.
Given that Sun Mountain is also a leading golf bag maker, it is not surprising that the Missoula, Mont., company has also created one designed specifically for the Micro-Cart. Dubbed the MCB (Micro-Cart Bag), it has a bottom molded to fit securely over the Micro-Cart’s lower bag rest, to minimize bag movement, and also a 15-way top that gives golfers a new way to organize their clubs.
Additional features include integrated handles for easy loading and unloading, a pair of velour-lined valuables pockets (with one sized precisely for a rangefinder), an insulated cooler pouch and a front-mounted umbrella holder.
Global Golf Post is the first weekly golf publication designed specifically for digital.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process