In talking about some of the latest outerwear offerings from Sunice, Mark Fletcher likes to tout the melding of science and style as it relates to the company’s Pro Sport line. And the president of the Fletcher Leisure Group, which owns the Montreal-based concern that outfitted the American team in its outerwear for last month’s Solheim Cup matches in Ireland, seems particularly enamored with one of those scientific features called WindStopper. In his view, it makes the garments employing it as functional as they are fashionable.
Fletcher is especially pleased with the way it is employed in a pair of products – the Burnham, which is a full-stretch jacket in a soft-shell design with laser cut twill tape detailing and an adjustable bungee at the hem, and the Limmen, which provides similar performance in a lightweight pullover shell and features laser-cut pockets with external welding and adjustable Velcro tabs.
Developed by the Gore Co., which is best known for its popular Gore-Tex material, WindStopper is designed to be highly water resistant, very breathable and 100 percent windproof. All of which makes it, in Fletcher’s mind, the perfect technology to use in golf-related outerwear.
“That material is engineered for various types of weather, and the products we produce with that material have high breathability, durability and comfort,” he says. “They are very good when it comes to layering and give you the ultimate protection, say, when it is very windy on the golf course, or for those cool and damp mornings and late afternoons, when a player wants an extra layer without the bulk or weight of a rain suit, or the need for 100 percent waterproofing.”
Both the Burnham and Limmen come in sizes S through XXXL, and each is available in four color combinations, such as royal blue and white for the Burnham and bright white with hints of shadow and red for the Limmen.
Global Golf Post is the first weekly golf publication designed specifically for digital.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly