TaylorMade Golfs adjustable R9 driver in hot demand
- By David Allen
- Jul 1, 2009 2:17 PM ET
TaylorMade Golf’s new adjustable fitting R9 driver is in hot demand on the PGA and European Tours, prompting TaylorMade to move up the public launch of the driver from March 20 to March 6. The R9 was the No. 1 driver played on the PGA Tour at the Bob Hope Classic two weeks ago, making it the first driver to debut at No. 1 on the Tour. Thirteen were also in play at last week’s FBR Open, and 28 at the European Tour’s Dubai Desert Classic. Sergio Garcia, No. 2 in the Official World Golf Ranking, played the R9 at Dubai for the first time and finished tied for 11th. “It’s just amazing how well it goes,” Garcia said at his post-round press conference on Friday. “I’m not only hitting it straight, but I’m hitting farther than I was before.”
The R9, which combines the moveable weight technology you’ll find in the r7 with its brand new Flight Control Technology, or FCT, will retail at $399; $499 with TP shafts.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management