TaylorMade partners with San Diego Padres
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Apr 21, 2011 4:59 PM ET
TaylorMade-Adidas and the San Diego Padres unveiled an 80-foot tall 'R11 driver' foul pole in right field at Petco Park as part of an innovative partnership agreement to extend through the 2013 season.
Standing in fair territory, the pole also symbolizes TaylorMade’s support of Solutions for Change, a 501c3 organization in North County San Diego committed to eliminating family homelessness in the county. TaylorMade will donate $600 to Solutions for Change every time a Padres player hits a homerun over the left, center or right field fences.
To help unveil the foul pole, TaylorMade-Adidas tour staff professional Natalie Gulbis will be on hand to throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to the start of Thursday's Padres-Philadelphia Phillies game.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Manufacturer on anchor ban: 'Golf lost today'
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds pick for 'flexibility'
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae