"Players who put a premium on distance are going to want to put the R9 460 in play," said Harry Arnett, TaylorMade senior category director for metal woods.
In addition to being bigger, the head in the R9 460 is constructed with TaylorMade's Ultra-Thin Wall (UTW) technology, bringing the thickness down to as little as 0.6 millimeters. The head is both modern and traditional in shape, allowing for an exceptionally low, deep CG, and more forgiveness on off-center hits.
The R9 460 has a street price of $299 and is available in lofts of 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 and 11.5 degrees for right-handed golfers, and 9.5 and 10.5 degrees for left-handers.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose