"Players who put a premium on distance are going to want to put the R9 460 in play," said Harry Arnett, TaylorMade senior category director for metal woods.
In addition to being bigger, the head in the R9 460 is constructed with TaylorMade's Ultra-Thin Wall (UTW) technology, bringing the thickness down to as little as 0.6 millimeters. The head is both modern and traditional in shape, allowing for an exceptionally low, deep CG, and more forgiveness on off-center hits.
The R9 460 has a street price of $299 and is available in lofts of 8.5, 9.5, 10.5 and 11.5 degrees for right-handed golfers, and 9.5 and 10.5 degrees for left-handers.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots