Woods finished alone in fourth place at 9-under par, two shots back of winner Sean O'Hair. For the week, he hit just 44.6 percent of his fairways, although he hit only 36 percent during an opening-round 65.
"The other shaft did not quite work out for me," said Woods during Monday's U.S. Open Media Day teleconference. "It wasn't what I was looking for. It felt good during the practice round but in the tournament, I didn't quite have the same feel for it, so I went back to my old driver on the weekend. I hit it a little bit better. But still, this driver has done pretty well, and that's the one I'll continue working with and hopefully get my swing organized."
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path